Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

We did it! We did it!

It hasn't cleared the bank yet, but we authorized payment to the credit card for the remaining balance, which means we are almost half way through our debt and only have the SUV and my student loans left to pay off.  Oh my gosh!  I drew a black line through the credit card on our poster-sized budget on the kitchen wall.  It's amazing to know that we will be able to nearly double the SUV payment for the next few months and then it will be paid off - about a year and a half early! 

It's already nice knowing that the Honda is paid off, but when the Expedition gets paid off, it will be amazing.  I can't even begin to describe how it feels to know that we won't have any car payments.  Yeah, we have 10 year old vehicles, but they're ours.  I can't fathom paying $300 or more a month just to have a new car.  It's never been important to me to have the newest, coolest car.  Plus, being my practical self, I just can't see paying for a new car that depreciates almost by half the minute I drive it off the lot.  What a horrible waste of money that is.  And, as evidenced by our journey to financial freedom, we don't waste money any more!

Ah, to be debt free.....  We're nearly half way there in just 18 months.  In another 18 months, I'll be posting, "We're Debt Free!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to know your story. There's always a success at the end of the day as long as you have perseverance and determination. Keep it up!

sell college textbook