Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Law Abiding Citizen

So, those who know me know that I follow most rules.  I don't want to get into a whole social, political, or philosophical discussion about it, but suffice it to say that I think there are rules/laws that are ridiculous, and I don't feel any remorse for not following them, like these Fresno gems:And there is one law that I have broken quite often since it was put into effect on July 1, 2008 - the cell phone law in California that requires drivers to use a hands-free device when using a cell phone while driving.  Usually, I don't have the phone in my hand (and therefore am not breaking the law); most of the time, I have the phone on speaker on my lap or under the seatbelt on my shoulder.  But occasionally, I hold the phone in my hand while I'm talking.  Today, I got busted.

Thank you, Mr. Highway Patrol, for giving me a story to tell my students to explain why I was late to class this morning.

No comments: