Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Confessions of a Farmer

I am a farmer.  I grow green roses, lilac daffy, and nachos.  I have orchards of trees, a beehive, and a winery.  I raise sheep, cows, horses, pigs, and chinchillas.  There's an enchanted forest, a beanstalk, and a bridge with a troll on my farm.  You can even see the Eiffel Tower.  Yes, I am a farmer.

I got hooked on Farmville quite a while ago.  I didn't go into it expecting to become addicted, but there's just something about the time limit of the crops that challenged me to come back, to not let those innocent crops wither in my negligence.  Then Farmville added special shops where you could take those crops and make special products to sell to your neighbor farmers.  Hence, the winery.


I now have a 5-star winery.  I'm working on Green Rose Water right now.  There are only 23 days left to gain mastery of this product, so of course, I am planting Green Roses and White Grapes as often as possible to get enough bushels to make the rose water.  Seriously, is this what I think about?

The answer is yes.  I think about farming.  Not all day - I'm busy enough with other things.  But when I come home from work, I want to relax and to not think about writing assignments, students' problems, and grading.  So I farm.  And I make my farm look pretty.  I harvest crops and cross-breed seeds and collect eggs from chickens.  And I work to win the challenges to win special prizes.  Because I can.  Because it's fun.  Because in what other game can I get a princess tower, a beanstalk, a bridge with a troll under it, and a leprechaun tree house?  Thanks Farmville.


Yes, I farm.  I am a fairly intelligent, educated woman and teacher, and I farm.  I am not ashamed.

No comments: