Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer of Movies - "The Avengers"

I had a date with my teenager to see "The Avengers" on the big screen today.  What can I say - I really like these comic books turned movies.  I'm not a comic book reader, but I like the action of the film versions - the fighting, the crashing, all of it.  A lot of my students saw "The Avengers" when it first came out and told me I needed to see it after I told them I like "Batman" and "X-Men".  They were right - it was a great movie.  It had lots of action and fighting, but I also enjoyed the repartee between the characters.  I have loved Robert Downey, Jr., since first seeing him in "Weird Science" and his portrayal of Tony Stark is so much fun to watch in this film.  There were a lot of laughs, even if I was the only laughing (at least out loud).  I was surprised by Scarlett Johansson's performance, though her ass and lips got more screen time than was necessary.  Yeah, we all know she's hot, but c'mon, guys!  If you haven't seen "The Avengers," you should, but make sure you stay through the credits!  And now I need to see if Iron Man is on Netflix - it's time I finally watched those movies...

No comments: