Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

P90X - Week Five Redux

I am doing Week Five over again, though I didn't start until Tuesday, so I missed two days of the week.  I started back to work on Monday (teaching), so I need to figure out how to get my workouts in on my work days.  I did get up early two days to work out first thing.  That seemed okay, but once the kids go back to school next week, I'll have to get up even earlier if I'm going to keep that up.  I'm a night owl - waking up early is tough because going to bed early just doesn't happen.  If I try to sleep before I'm really ready, I don't sleep well at all.  

Workouts
This week has a couple of new workouts from P90X.  I did the first one yesterday - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps.  I am so sore today!  I love those arm workouts, and I love feeling the muscles getting toned - I can actually feel my triceps!  I really enjoy working out, but as you will read below, it's not going to do much for me if I can't change my eating behavior. 

Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
So totally off the wagon.  If I can't make myself get back on track, I'm going to very quickly undo the work I've done so far.  I already have been bummed that I only lost five pounds in a month, when I should have been able to do more had I stayed on the plan.  Now, here I am, totally sabotaging myself yet again.  I have done this again and again and again.  Any time I make some progress and start to feel good about the process, I kill the process.  I stop tracking, stop eating well, stop prepping.  I just stop doing all the things that I know work and go back to old, bad habits.  It's time to start figuring out why I continue to do this to myself.

No comments: