Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

P90X - Day 14/Week Two Recap

Yesterday was Day 14 of P90X - the end of Week 2.  Wow, wow, wow.  I am amazed at the progress I have made in two weeks.  I have upped my weights on some of the exercises, learned how to modify some exercises to my ability, and gained so much strength!  I feel stronger, taller, energized, empowered, and, most importantly, in control of my eating.  Even with the whole allergy thing going on, I am not letting it get me off track.  If anything, I'm using it to be more careful and more mindful about what I'm eating.  My work showed on the scale this week, too, though I was hoping for a little more.

Weight Loss Week Two: 1.2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 4.8 lbs

Workout: X Stretch
This is the reward workout for making it through the other six.  I still have the sciatic nerve issues that keep me from doing one of the moves, but I see a lot more flexibility even from last week.  The move that I so want to be able to do is the shoulder stand (see the photo).  I used to be able to do it as a kid (when I had no idea what yoga was), and I would really like to do it again.  I am working on the abs to keep my legs straight up, but what really makes it difficult is boobs.  OK, look at the picture.  Now think of gravity for a well endowed gal in that position.  You see my problem....

http://beginnerasanas.blogspot.com/2010/08/shoulder-stand.html


Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
Life is happening while I do this.  I am figuring out how to eat my meals around doing other things and getting my workouts in.  I had to start adding carbs the last few days to compensate for losing some of my protein sources.  My energy was flagging in the middle of last week, and it's possible that it was lack of carbs with all these workouts.  I have felt less hungry since adding in some carbs, so I think as long my meals are still focused on the protein and veggies with carbs as just a minor addition, I think I'll be good.  I need to review the nutrition guide for adding in carbs, but so far so good.  I'm not craving carbs, at least, so that helps!
To see what I ate yesterday - click here

What have you done for yourself this week?  What are you going to do for yourself this coming week?

No comments: