Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

P90X Day Two Recap

Yesterday was Day Two of P90X - I'm staying strong and pushing play!

For those of you who haven't done one of these workouts, "Keep Pushing Play" is one of the slogans they use.  It's kinda cheesy, I know, yet a good reminder to put that DVD in and do the next workout!

I'm still sore today, mostly in my pecs, but it's getting better (slowly).  I'm feeling the legs a little this morning after yesterday's workout - I hope that's as bad as it gets!

Workout: Cardio X
Officially, the workout for Day Two is Plyometrics, which has a lot of jumping moves.  The (getting old) knees aren't ready for that action yet, so I switched to Cardio X.  I will probably do this workout for the first month in place of Plyo, then try it next month.  This was a good cardio workout with some jumping moves that can be modified for lower intensity and some martial arts moves (love it).  One thing I really like about the program is the trainer in the DVD, Tony Horton, is a normal guy and the workouts are fun because he jokes around and keeps it light.  It's not super cheesy like some other workouts can be.  It's really like working out with your buddy.

Tuna Salad over Romaine (I added some ranch) and vegetable soup (see those potatoes - yum!)

Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
So Day Two was good.  I modified a couple of the recipes to make them lower points (3/4 cup of brown rice instead of 1 cup) and because I felt like I ate SO much on Day One.  I ate everything, though, and even had the nuts at the end of the day, so I went over my daily points by 3.  The great thing is that I have activity points from my workouts that cover those extra points, so I didn't dip into my weekly points allowance.  These workouts, according to WW eTools, are 6 points each day, so if I wanted to, I could eat those points, but I want a slight deficit each week to maximize weight loss.

To see what I ate yesterday - click here!

What are some good, healthy recipes that you like?  I could use some more variety!

No comments: