Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

P90X - Day 21/Week Three Recap

Yesterday was Day 21 of my P90X weight loss journey - the end of Week Three.  I've had some ups and downs that I've written about, but I'm really learning about myself.  When I put my mind to something, I am always successful, but I tend to fall into laziness and procrastination very easily.  I've always procrastinated, but I've let myself think "I just don't care" for so long that it's hard to break the habit.  The truth is that I do care.  Very much.  I don't want to be 40 and fighting my weight.  I want to be 40 and enjoying my life and being active.  I've got a few years before I get there, but I also don't want to go to my 20-year reunion next year at this weight.  My mind is on this now, and it's a priority - I just have to remind myself every day that I do care!   

Weight Loss Week Two: 0.4 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 5.2 lbs

Workout: X Stretch
I'm considering adding this workout at least once more during the week in addition to another workout.  It feels so good to move! 

Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
I did really well all week except for Friday when I drank margaritas and ate more points than usual.  The other days, however, I stayed within points or used activity points.  Each week, I try not to use any of the weekly points allowance because I want to keep the weight loss steady (glad I lost anything this past week!).  But I can go out to eat and make better choices.  Even though the salad was more points than I normally eat for lunch, I can usually compensate for those extra points by having fewer points elsewhere. 

Yesterday, I didn't even eat all my points.  I stayed in bed until about 11:00 AM and ate breakfast then.  By the time I got to dinner, I still had a ton of points left.  I was hungry before bed, so I ate a bowl of cereal, but still had six points left for the day.  I felt it this morning when I woke up - I was hungry!

To see what I ate yesterday - click here!

Are you watching the Olympics?  What are your favorite events?

No comments: