Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

P90X Day Six Recap

Yesterday was Day Six of P90X - and it was a really good day for both the workout and eating.  My knees are "crunching" (it's the only sound I can think that comes close), possibly from the leg workout on Day Five and aggravated by lots of kicks.  They don't hurt, so I'm not concerned yet.  Today is a recovery day, just the stretch workout, so my knees can get a break.  My main concern is that I might have bad knees.  My mom is about to have her other knee replaced this year (first was 6 years ago), so I wonder if I inherited them.  All I can do is wait, get my knees in shape, and hope not!

Workout: Kenpo X
Kenpo is a martial arts workout that starts off with a lot of upper body exercises (jab, cross, hook, uppercut and variations thereof), moving into lower body (lots of kicks).  It was a tough workout and I had to do a lot of the exercises more slowly, so I didn't do as many, but it felt good.  I love kickboxing.  The first time I tried it was in 2003 while attending Cal State San Marcos.  There was a free lunch time class.  OMG.  It was a killer hour and I felt strong, powerful, like I could do anything after that.  My teacher was about 4 inches shorter than I was, a slight little guy, but he had me going full force on those kicks and even told me I should really get more serious about it.  I wish I had, but maybe I will now. 

I can't kick that high.  Yet.

Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
Yesterday, my schedule got off a bit because I went shopping (stocked up on cereal for the kids - couponing, baby!) and planned to get some protein bars, since I was out (gasp!).  No protein bars at Vons, at least not the kind I wanted (MetRx Peanut Butter).  There were others but they didn't have as much protein.  So I had to take the food home (in the blazing heat) and go to another store, where I know they have what I want (usually).  And CVS came through.  Not only did they have the bars, but they were Buy One, Get One 50% off.  Yippee!  I took what they had (only 6), so I'm set for a little while, but I'll be back. 

Anyway, enough about my protein bar caper...  I have to be careful not to slip into old habits, like eating when I'm bored.  Last night, I stayed up late (I think I've established that going to be before 11 isn't ever going to happen) and almost talked myself into having another serving of nuts.  I had all kinds of justifications in my head: "You worked out hard today" and "You have SO many activity points left over" and "It's just one time, no big deal."  Well screw you little voice in my head - I win!  I didn't have the nuts after all - my other voice, the one saying, "You have worked hard for five days. You are not going to throw that away," came out victorious!  Now that's something to celebrate.

And what I really wanted to mention was that I ate dinner late and then really didn't feel like cooking, so I just kind of through stuff together.  I think it worked out OK.

Turkey, avocado, tomato basil string cheese (yes, it's yummy), and vegetable soup

To see what I ate yesterday - click here!

If you slip up, what are the reasons?  What do you do to keep from slipping up?

No comments: