Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

P90X - Days 22 and 23 Recap

After Friday's margarita madness (two drinks - woo!), I've let myself slip going into this week.  My loss was low for last week, and I'm sure I'm letting that affect me now.  I need to continue reminding myself that a loss is still a loss - I'm still moving the scale in the right direction.  And I know the reasons why I lost such a small amount, so all I have to do is fix it.  Instead, I've been beating myself up.  I don't want to rehash that day in every post - I did what I did, and now I need to focus on today.  Today I will stay within my points.  Today I will drink enough water.  Today I will make the best choices.  Today I will be nice to myself.

Workouts: Walk Away the Pounds 4 Miles and Core Synergistics
Day 22 was WATP.  I'll be doing this 3 days each week.  I am going to need some variety, so I'm looking to get another version of the DVD to mix it up.  While I like this DVD, I know I'm going to get bored at some point.  There are so many WATP workouts out there, so I'll be able to have a good variety.

Day 23 was Core Synergistics.  Engage!  That is the "tip of the day" on this DVD.  All the exercises are focused on the core.  I really like it!  I can't do some of the moves (sciatic nerve for some, inability for others), but I did as much as I could and tried everything!  I could probably have a wildly popular YouTube channel if I posted videos of myself attempting these workouts.  It's not a pretty sight, but it's probably funny as hell! 

Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
Blah, blah, blah.  I've gotten off track in the last week or so, and I really need to be more strict.  Obviously, my new plan has not become habit yet.  I've got to be more strict if I want to make the changes long term.  Part of the problem is that I'm getting bored.  I really need to figure out a wider variety of salads.  I do like having salads for lunch - they can be filling but not heavy, and I like something that I don't have to cook at lunch.  When the semester starts in a couple weeks, I'm going to want something quick to prepare on the days I teach.  There are so many good, healthy foods - I just need to keep temptation out of the house. 

Here's what I ate on Day 22 and Day 23.

What kind of activities do you like to do to keep yourself moving (besides workouts)?

No comments: