Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

P90X Day Seven/Week One Recap

Yesterday was Day Seven of P90X - the end of Week 1.  I made it!!!  It's tough, yes, but not quite as bad as I had imagined it would be.  I have a long way to go to be able to do some of the complete workouts, but I've got lots of time to get better! 

Sunday is weigh-in day, so I'll update my stats each Sunday:

Weight Loss Week One: 3.6 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 3.6 lbs

Workout: X Stretch
Day Seven is always a recovery day, which means no intense cardio or weights, just stretching to rest the body and get ready to do it all over again :)  I love this workout.  I did this workout twice before officially starting P90X and was able to do a lot of it, but there were a couple things I just couldn't do.  In just a week, while there are a couple moves I still can't do completely, I can do part way.  One of them I still can't do at all, but that because of the sciatic nerve issues (damn you, sciatic nerve!).  Success - in just a week, I've gained back a lot of flexibility!

I had some carbs for breakfast.
It's low carb, not no carb, after all!

Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
Still hanging in there, though I have my moments where I just want to eat something sugary.  The only thing I've eaten this week that wasn't on the plan was about 10 pieces of popcorn at the movies on Saturday.  Other than that, I've been really good all week.  It can be difficult eating at home.  It takes time to prepare food, to menu plan, and to shop.  I've been to the store three times in the past week, so I need to really plan more carefully to get everything in one shot (especially my protein bars).  And I had some carbs for breakfast today - steel cut oatmeal with apple and cinnamon and some Truvia.  Yum!

To see what I ate yesterday - click here!

So anyone want to join me now that you've seen the first week in action?

No comments: