Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

P90X - Days Eight & Nine Recap

So Week One is over and I'm two days into Week 2.  Last week I was so focused on doing everything right.  This week, I am working to fit the program into my life right now.  Figuring out when to eat, when to workout, when to do things I need to do.  I am dealing with things not going as planned and having to adjust, to be flexible, and to not let that get me off track.

Tonight I got a massage from a local massage school and she really dug in.  She spent extra time on my pecs and upper back.  It was definitely something I needed!

Workouts: Chest & Back and Cardio
I reviewed what I did last week for Chest & Back and decided to go with a heavier weight for the exercises with weights.  I'm using 5 pounds (for now) and feeling it, so I'm good for now.  I want to move up to 8 pounds when I go to Phase II.  For the pull ups, I'm using a resistance band instead of the trying the pull up bar.  I need to get the kind of band that hooks around the door.  I can't do pull ups yet and trying on the bar was getting frustrating.  With the bands, I feel like I'm actually doing something to gain strength.  I'll get those pull ups, but I need to get stronger.

Ah, cardio - what can I say?  I do love cardio!  Especially when it has martial arts moves.  My knees have been hurting, so I was a little nervous about the workout.  No problem, though - my knees survived!

http://thescreamingbuzzard.files.wordpress.com/


Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
While I'm still following the plan and adding new recipes, I am feeling the rigidity of this first phase.  It's not horrible - I still get to eat a lot, but I really want some bread.  I can have whole grain English muffins, so I'm adding those to the grocery list, so I can have one once in a while.  I had my first trip going out to eat.  My friend is always open to watching what we eat and she had a great recommendation.  We went to a small Mexican place and ordered tostada salads with no tostadas and no sour cream.  We still got guacamole and went easy on the cheese (they really didn't put all that much on there).  When I counted the points later, I found it was right on track.  So I know I can go out to eat and still make good choices.

Here's what I've been eating - Day Eight and Day Nine
What have you done just for yourself today?

No comments: