Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

P90X Day Four Recap

Yesterday was Day Four of P90X - my worst day so far.  Not the eating so much as the workout.  It was kind of emotional for me yesterday.  The regular workout was Yoga X, so I started it and the first 30 minutes was variations of one basic move.  I was so frustrated because part of the move I couldn't do because of my sciatic nerve.  Another part of the move, I couldn't do because of my belly.  I figured that I would skip the part on the floor and just do the standing movements, but I was so frustrated that they were all just variations of the same thing - there was no variety in that first part. 

When I started yelling at the TV, I knew it was time to do something else, so I decided to try the ab workout.  This is where I completely broke down.  Six years ago when I lost all the weight, one thing I was most proud of was that I had a (relatively) flat stomach.  I worked hard for that stomach.  I loved doing ab workouts.  But then, you know, pregnancy happened and life happened after that and I never worked out that hard again (until now).  It was hard for me to finally realize how far I am from that in-shape person that I was.  But I think that was finally a wake-up call for the work I need to do now.  It's not going to fix itself.  I know I have to work at it, but it's been hard to make myself do it.  It's only going to get harder if I don't start, so here I go.  I'm starting. 

Workout: Yoga X, Ab Ripper X, Walk
See above for yoga and abs - not a good morning for me.  I did end up doing a lot of crunches and other moves using my exercise ball to get a nice core workout.  I love working out the abs, but I have a long way to go before I can do all the exercises on the Ab Ripper workout.  I've been kind of bummed this week not walking when that's been the main exercise I've been doing for the three months, so I decided to walk.  I walked about 45 minutes before it just got too hot, but I felt better, calmed down.  My sciatic nerve stopped aching down my left leg.  Yep, I have to keep walking every day - I like it too much to stop!

Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
I had to make another trip to the store - apparently I didn't buy enough food!  Maybe we need a separate freezer - I eat so much damn chicken!!  Last night I made turkey burgers from a recipe in the nutrition guide.  Breadcrumbs, yeah that's normal.  Buttermilk, uh, that's weird.  But I tried it and it was OK in a "diet" sort of way.  Would I make them normally? Probably not.  But I broke down and used ketchup because I burnt it and didn't want to waste it.  Mustard, too.  Don't you love how ketchup and mustard make (almost) anything taste better? 

With my three workouts, I had a lot of extra activity points, so I ate a whole protein bar last night.  It was like dessert (see, told ya it was like a treat).  I only have one left!  Overall, my eating has been really good.  I use some of my activity points each day and never go over into my extra weekly points.  I'm excited to see some good weight loss when I weigh in on Sunday.

To see what I ate yesterday - click here!

What gets you motivated to keep going?  What holds you back?

2 comments:

Sheila said...

On the weight loss journey myself. Down 28 pounds with about 25 to go. Keep up the good work!!

Sue said...

Go Sheila!! That's excellent!