Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

P90X Day Five Recap

Yesterday was Day Five of P90X - I am still going strong!

Workout: Legs and Back
This was a tough workout, but a great one (or it will be great when I get some weight off and have better knees and improve my balance A LOT)!  Yeah, I have some knee issues, likely from not working out and gaining weight - duh. All the lunges and squats were killer, but I can see this one being at the top of my list as I improve. 
Oh yeah - steak for dinner!
Eating: P90X and Weight Watchers
I ate steak for dinner - it's awesome!  I love this recipe, and I'm so glad I've been able to incorporate some of my favorite WW recipes into this plan.  There are some good recipes in the nutrition plan, but I will go crazy if I have to eat the same things ALL THE TIME....  Basically, I just have to increase the amount of protein (meat) I am eating and recalculate the points, but so far, that has not been a problem - it's only a couple points increase.  Bonus - the teenager loves this recipe (gotta love when the teenager sees what's for dinner and says, "Yes!" instead of, "Is there anything else for dinner?"

Some things are the same every day - the protein shake and the protein bar - but I try to mix it up with my meals.  I need to figure out some new things for breakfast.  It feels weird to be eating eggs every day (albeit egg whites), almost indulgent and wrong.  I make a different omelette or scramble every day, but still, it's eggs. Every day. 

To see what I ate yesterday - click here

Help! I need some low carb breakfast ideas?  Any suggestions?

No comments: